The OptiMoRE project takes on the challenge to develop and optimise the concept of the fully integrated, range-extended, electrified light duty vehicle. Three different RE concepts will be developed and demonstrated to serve the niches from city vehicles, medium sized passenger cars up to light commercial vehicles.
The CONCEPT is based upon:
1. Definition of real world driving conditions (driving cycles and comfort requirements) as a baseline for further optimisation and EV assessment
2. Optimisation of components and the whole RE system regarding emission, fuel consumption, cost, weight and exhaust gas after-treatment
3. Modular setup of an EV concept to fulfil a wide range of customer expectations
4. Advanced control strategies as a key for cost reduction and system optimisation
5. Functional and Electrical safety analysis and concept development to define necessary measures to fulfil and implement ISO 26262
6. Build-up and optimisation of three technology demonstrator vehicles covering EV aspects for delivery trucks, all-purpose vehicles and city cars
a) City compact Electric Vehicle, with a rotary engine (2020+);
b) A family Electric Vehicle either as FEV or EV-RE with a 3 cyl engine (modular) (2020+);
c) Light commercial Electric vehicle 2 cyl engine (2015+)
Projektet är associerat till SHCs verksamhet.
Kontakt på SHC: Jonas Sjöberg, Chalmers